Life is too short

-->
I studied hard in school. It took me five years before i understand it was useless regarding to life, and engaged in art studies.
I hungered to become an artist. It took me five years before i understand i will never be an artist.
Then i fell in love, but it was not reciprocal, or at least, it was complicated. It took me five years before i understand i could not change anything and left this Don Quichotte's crusade.
Then i started drinking to forget about this love affair. It took me ten years before i understand i was unable to quit and admit i had serious alcohol problems.
Then i wanted to take stock on this problem. It took me five years before i understand i could not do it without clinical assistance and succeeded in getting rid of alcohol addiction. I swore to never do it again.
At the age of 45, i started smoking. It took me ten years before i understand i was getting closer and closer to the Grim Reaper face...
Luckily, on the strength of my experience with alcohol abuse, i got immediately to the point and saved five years by asking directly for a treatment. It took me one lung all the same.
Then i found the man of my life. It took me five years before i understand i was wrong and divorced.
Then i found the second man of my life. It took me three years before i understand i was wrong again.
Then i found the third man of my life. It took me less than a year before i understand i was gay.
Then, at the age of 98, i met the girl of my life, but i died, and i did not understand why.